This is the present Motherhouse of the School Sisters of St. Francis, known as St. Joseph Convent. It was built on the site of the old Motherhouse on Layton Blvd. (or South 27th Street) in Milwaukee . The facility also housed Alverno College from its beginnings until the present campus was built and ready for occupancy in September 1953.
© 2000 Alverno College -- All Rights Reserved.