Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Bulletin
Alverno's MSN degree program prepares practicing professionals
for advanced roles in nursing practice and education. Through advanced study in
nursing science and practice, education theory, and research methodology,
the MSN graduate is prepared for the following advanced practice roles:
The MSN program is open to both women and men.
- Clinical nurse specialist in adult health and/or gerontology
- Family nurse practitioner
- Nursing faculty member in a school of nursing
- Nursing staff development educator in a health-care institution
- Nurse educator who conducts health education seminars in business and industry
- Nurse educator in a community environment
Two areas of specialization within the MSN program are available: integrated clinical
nurse specialist/nurse educator (CNS/NE) and family nurse practitioner (FNP).
In addition, Alverno offers two post-master's certificate programs in nursing:
the nurse educator certificate program and the family nurse practitioner certificate program.
While Alverno College strives to maintain an accurate online bulletin, the printed version
of the 2012-13 Alverno Graduate Programs Bulletin is the college's official document.