what are email extras?
Basic Technology Skills -> email->What are email extras?
There are several email extras that will make your use of your Alverno email much more efficient. These include:
- Adding signatures to your email (listed below)
- Spell checking your email (listed below)
- Using folders to organize your email
Adding Email Signatures:
Did you ever get an email and not know who it was from? Especially at Alverno, it can be difficult to know the sender. Creating a signature solves that problem. A signature file contains text that automatically appears at the bottom of each e-mail message you compose. It saves time since you do not have to type your name at the end of all of your emails. It can also give the recipient valuable information such a your name, address, phone number, etc.
1. Pull down the Gear Icon on the right side of the page.
2. From the next screen, click on Options and then Settings.
3. The Settings screen will open - select the mail tab on the top of the screen.
4. Type your signature in the text box. You can also format the text using the icons.
5. Make sure you have checked the box Automatically include my signature and then click the Save link on the bottom right of the page.
When you are finished, you can click on the Mail Link on the top left of the screen to return to your Inbox.
Outlook Web App depends on your browser to spell check your email. Spell checking is available in Internet Explorer 10 and later versions, and current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Check the options for your web browser to learn more about how to use it to check spelling.