How to use email folders
Basic Technology Skills -> email->What are email extras? -> Email folders
The list of email in your Inbox can get very long if all you do is pick up your email. You might delete emails after you finish with them, but sometimes there can be emails you want to save or organize. The best way to do that is by organizing your mail into folders.
To create a new folder :
1. Right click on your user name on the left side of the screen.
2. Select Create New Folder.
3.A new folder will be created and the cursor will be in the box for you to NAME the folder.
To delete a folder:
WARNING! When you delete a folder, you delete the folder and all the messages inside it. Once the contents of a folder are deleted, they cannot be retrieved.
1. Right click on the folder you wish to delete and select Delete from the menu.
2. Click the checkbox next to the name of the folder(s) you want to delete.
3. You will see a pop-up dialog box the confirm the deletion of the folder.
4.Click on YES to delete the folder
The folder, and everything inside it, will be deleted.
To move a message to a folder:
From Your INBOX (or Other Folder)
1. Check the on the message that you want to move.
2. Drag the file to the folder you wish to put it in.
You can also use the Move Menu to move a message.
1. Click on the message you want to move and pull down the Move Menu.
2. Select the folder you want to move the message to from the list of your folders and click the Move Button.
To open any folder, simply double click on the folder. Rhe folder will open and you will see the messages inside of it.