Basic technology skills module
This learning module is designed to provide you with the resources you will need to review, learn, and assess your bacic technology skills. Each of the BTS sections starts with an overview of the section followed by a short review to assess where you are with your knowledge.
BTS (Basic Technology skills) Outcomes:
- Effectively navigate a computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, folders, windows, and basic control panel settings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic file management including naming, saving, copying, deleting, backing up, using properties, using external storage devises, and organizing files and folders.
- Accurately describe a variety of software applications, their uses, and the impact of version numbers.
- Describe and appropriately use basic functions of word processing software.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of network systems including connection, file servers, printing, storing and accessing files.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the web and its components as well as the ability to effectively use a browser, search tools, and navigation.
- Accurately describe useful web sites and applications (i.e. Social Networking, blogging, word process, other on -line applications, etc.), articulating the potential benefits and drawbacks of their use.
- Become familiar with what email is, what it does, and the components necessary to use email.
- Demonstrate the ability to send and receive email, including attachments.
- Accurately articulate basic email etiquette and abuses including flaming and spamming.