what is topcat?
Information Universe Home ->what is topcat?
TOPCAT is the online catalog of the Alverno library. It has a record for each item that the library owns including books, journals, videos and more.
The Alverno library shares its online catalog with six other libraries in the Milwaukee area that make up the SWITCH (Southeastern Wisconsin Information Technology Exchange) consortium. The other SWITCH libraries are:
- Cardinal Stritch University (CSU)
- Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW)
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD)
- Mount Mary College (MMC)
- Sacred Heart School of Theology (SHST)
- St. Francis Seminary (SFS)
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (WLC)
When you search TOPCAT to see what the Alverno library owns, you can also see what the other SWITCH libraries have in their collections. Library users can request books, videos and other materials from any SWITCH library.
For more information on TOPCAT -- try using some of the Library's Tutorials.
Go to the next secion Locating TOPCAT.