Laptop Cart Policies
Wireless laptop carts: carts with PC laptops and wireless networking
- Each wireless laptop cart is reserved as a unit; laptops are not checked out individually.
- Additional options available with the wireless carts include a printer, either an extra battery or a floppy drive, external mice, and power adapters. The extra battery extends battery life from 2 to 4 hours.
Delivery of the wireless cart:
- Technology Services staff will deliver the cart to the reserved room and connect the data cable and wireless bridge.
- The instructor must pick up the laptop cart key in the Computer Center, unlock the cart and set up the laptops.
Pickup of the wireless cart:
- After the class, the instructor replaces the laptops, mice and power adapters (if used) in the cart.
- The instructor must lock both doors on the cart.
- The instructor brings the laptop cart key back to the Computer Center.
- Technology Services staff will pick up the cart, return it to storage, and plug in all power cables so the cart is recharged and ready for the next delivery.